Thursday, April 22, 2010

How the Notes All Bend : Miniature Tigers "Bull Fighter Jacket" 4/21/10 [VIDEO]

It's no mystery that I'm a huge cheerleader for Arizona music, despite having moved from the state nearly two years ago (really?) It became such a big part of me and I get beyond geeked out to see some of my favorite people continue to find success in music, because they make GREAT music. Miniature Tigers is a prime example.

The funny part is, I actually hadn't met them or seen them live until AFTER I moved to New York. For one reason or another I had missed when they played in AZ, although I used to play some of their songs on my radio show. Regardless, I'm happy to have jumped on the bandwagon when I did, because it's been such an amazing ride to watch. They have been on tour the majority of the two years I've known them, with everyone from Ben Folds (seriously), Say Anything, Fun., Dear and the Headlights, etc. This was one of the first times I was able to see them play a full headlining set, on the tail end of their tour with The Morning Benders. Charlie has joined our ranks as an AZ transplant living in New York, so it's fun to see them as well received here as they were when I saw them in Phoenix around Christmas.

At any rate, they're well on their way to serious buzz band status. Their new album "Fortress" will drop this Summer, and believe you me, there are some SERIOUS jams to look forward to. I was able to catch one on film below, the song "Bull Fighter Jacket". Keep your eyes on these tigers.

Miniature Tigers "Bull Fighter Jacket" 4/21/10 from Seven Watt Media on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers