Sunday, April 4, 2010

How the Notes All Bend : Manchester Orchestra - "Now That You're Home" 4/2/10

So I'm starting a new blog series (or section, or whatever you wanna call it) I recently purchased a fairly good digital camera with HD video recording and I thought maybe this is a cool next step in how to experience music differently yet again. I'm calling it "How the Notes All Bend", because that line (from Neutral Milk Hotel's "In the Aeroplane Over the Sea") is the single best way of describing something as seemingly intangible as music as a verb. In a lot of ways, that's the purpose I feel live music serves, which is why I'm such a junkie.

At any rate, here's my first shot. Not sure if I'll do any fancy intros or how this "series" will take shape, but enjoy the video below. It's not HD because I didn't have the paitience, but maybe down the line I'll suck it up for better quality. This is Manchester Orchestra performing their song "Now That You're Home" from their first album at Irving Plaza on 4/2/10:

Manchester Orchestra "Now That You're Home" 4/2/10 from Seven Watt Media on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers