Saturday, April 17, 2010

How the Notes All Bend : Erick ARC Elliott "Plane" 4/15/10

I've spent much of my two years in New York City trying to figure out what the "local scene" here is. I read a quote from the boys of MGMT once that talked about the "Brooklyn" sound that said, "My least favorite part is that is doesn't exist. My favorite part is the myth of it."

That's when I find a "local" artist, it's all the more refreshing, and Erick ARC Elliott is one of them. He's 100% New York, not just a "Brooklyn" artist whose from Ohio or something like that. He's pounding the streets just like any other artist in any other town and it's nice to be reminded of art in a city so overrun by industry.

Check out his performance of "Plane" this week at Cameo Gallery. It was pretty dark in there and I haven't quite mastered the sound on my camera, but it's a really excellent song. Check out the official video here: http://vimeo.com/10213875

Yes, it's supposed to be dark at the beginning. It's art, yo!

Erick ARC Elliott "Planes" 4/15/10 from Seven Watt Media on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers