Sunday, December 12, 2010

Top 50 Songs of 2010

I already posted my Top Albums of 2010 on my other blog, Multitracking (A Mix Exchange), but as with any good year of music, it's impossible to only showcase the best 10. While I'm more confident than I've ever been in my choices, I also feel like I have a staggering number of other GREAT albums that didn't make the cut, for one reason or another. Many of these albums I like top to bottom, but don't get geeked out about the way I do the ones on my top 10. Some of these songs are the ONLY ones I like on the record. I suppose which is which is best left a mystery.

I was going to control the number/order of these, but they're really in no particular order except the first one. I suggest digging as deep as you'd like into all of them. I added handy links to videos and such to make it even easier to jam.

Although the list is somewhat daunting, I suppose the fact that I felt this many were good enough to post is a sign that good music does indeed still exist.


1) Isaac Russell - "Lighthouse" [from Isaac Russell EP]

2) Tobie Milford - "Tiny Eucatastrophes" [from Alyosha]
http://www.vimeo.com/5645436

3) A Lull - "Weapons for War"[from Weapons For War/Spread it All Round EP]

4) Kinch - "Sunken Treasure" [from This is Flying Blanket Vol 2]

5) MGMT- "Congratulations" [from Congratulations]

6) Rocky Votolato- "Lucky Clover Coin" [from True Devotion]

7) Ray LaMontagne and the Pariah Dogs - "For the Summer" [from God Willin' and the Creek Don't Rise]

8) Surfer Blood - "Floating Vibes" [from Astro Coast]

9) Mark Ronson and the Business Intl f/MNDR - "Bang Bang Bang" [from Record Collection]

10) Brian Lopez - "I Pray For Rain" [from El Rojo]

11) S. Carey - "In the Dirt" [from All We Grow]

12) Ted Leo and the Pharmacists- "The Mighty Sparrow" [from The Brutalist Bricks]

13) Coheed and Cambria- "Guns of Summer" [from Year of the Black Rainbow]

14) Margot and the Nuclear So and Sos "Will You Love Me Forever" [from Buzzard]

15) Brandon Boyd "Runaway Train" [from The Wild Trapeze]

16) Raining and Ok "Safety Net" [from Living Like a Ghost]

17) Midlake - "Acts of Man" [from The Courage of Others]

18) Back Ted-N-Ted - "The War is Over" [from The Mirror]

19) Erick ARC Elliott - "Plane" [from Noir]

20) Snake! Snake! Snakes! - "City At Night" [from Snake Snake Snakes EP]

21) Oh Land - "White Nights" [from Oh Land]

22) Mt. Desolation "Departure" [from Mt. Desolation]

23) Nada Surf "Love and Anger"(Kate Bush Cover) [from If I Had Hi Fi]

24) Motion City Soundtrack - "Her Words Destroyed My Planet" [from My Dinosaur Life]

25) New Politics "Yeah Yeah Yeah"

26) Skybox "Trout" [from Morning After Cuts]
and
"In a Dream" [from Morning After Cuts]

27) Rogue Wave - "Solitary Gun" [from Permalight]

28) Josh Ritter "Change of Time" [from So Runs the World Away]

29) Weezer f/Sara Bareilles - "If You're Wonder if I Want You To" [from Weezer Raditude (Special for Record Store Day 2010)]

30) Young Man - "Five" [from Boy]

31) Two Door Cinema Club - "Do You Want it All?" [from Tourist History]

32) Vampire Weekend - "White Sky" [from Contra]

33) Dinosaur Feathers - "Teenage Whore" [from Fantasy Memorial]

34) Kings of Leon- "The End" [from Come Around Sundown]

35) Arcade Fire - "Empty Room" [from The Suburbs]

36) Jukebox the Ghost - "Empire" [from Everything Under the Sun]

37) 2AM Club - "Flashing Room" [from What Did You Think Was Going to Happen]

38) Gospel Claws - "Walk Me Down" [from C-L-A-W-S]

39) Miniature Tigers - "Dark Tower" [from Fortress]

40) Young the Giant - "Cough Syrup" [from Young the Giant]

41) Austin Gibbs - "I Like The Ones" [from 1986]

42) The Maine - "Inside of You" [from Black and White]

43) Black Dub - "Surely" [from Black Dub]

44) Ra Ra Riot - "Boy" [from The Orchard]

45) Taylor Swift - "Back to December" [from Speak Now]

46) Horse Feathers - "Starving Robins" [from Thistled Spring]

47) Kopecky Family Band - "God and Me" [from The Disaster]

48) Band of Horses - "Evening Kitchen" [from Infinite Arms]

49) Stephen Steinbrink - "Wet Cloud" [from It's Not Just Kissing]

50) Ry Cuming - "Always Remember Me" - [from Ry Cuming]



1 comment:

  1. couldn't agree more! isaac russell's "lighthouse" is def one of my favorites too. so excited to see him at the basement in columbus on the 14th, it's going to be such a good show

    ReplyDelete

Followers