Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A 90's Mix for Peter the Intern


Today I was talking with my intern about the music that "raised us". Now, I'm not that old, but he was born in 1990 and therefore missed out on a lot of sweet jams while he was busy learning to walk, read and speak. I mentioned how I used to hide the Alanis Morrissette album from my Mom and he gave me a blank look. DUDE DIDN'T KNOW ALANIS! Additionally, he was only three years old when the Bayside High School Senior Class of '93 graduated. The next few generations of interns are just going to get younger, and frankly, I'm worried about kids who lived in a world without first-run Saved by the Bell.

Therefore, as a goodbye gift for his hard semester of work, I decided to make him a 90's mix. Again, I wasn't that old and not as aware as someone in high school or college, but you know what? I watched a lot of rom-coms growing up and these were always in the background, so I'm well versed in the hits. I threw in some punk and Pavement for good measure, as well as a few other hidden gems. Some of my Twitter buddies were interested in what the final compilation would be, so here it is. . . (in no real order, yet)

1) Alanis Morrissette - "Head Over Feet"
2) Bic Runga - "Sway"
3) Dave Matthews Band - "Crash Into Me"
4) Edwin McCain - "I'll Be"
5) Gin Blossoms - "Til' I Hear It From You"
6) Counting Crows - "A Long December"
7) Foo Fighters - "Everlong"
8) Goo Goo Dolls - "Broadway"
9) Green Day - "She"
10) Pavement - "Stereo"
11) Nirvana - "Drain You"
12) Sister Hazel - "All For You"
13) The Wallflowers - "One Headlight"
14) Elliott Smith - "Miss Misery"
15) Deep Blue Something- "Breakfast at Tiffany's"
16) Ben Folds Five - "Kate"
17) The Cranberries - "Linger"
18) The Juliana Theory - "Into the Dark"
19) Weezer - "The Good Life"
20) The Mighty Mighty Bosstones - "Someday I Suppose"
21) MXPX - "Chick Magnet"
22) The Verve - "Bittersweet Symphony"
23) The Refreshments - "Banditos"
24) NOFX - "Linoleum"
25) Tal Bachman - "She's So High"
26) The New Radicals - "You Get What You Give"
27) Save Ferris - "The World is New"
28) Jeff Buckley - "Grace"
29) Jane's Addiction - "Jane Says"
30) Coyote Shivers - "Sugar High"


2 comments:

  1. You were all of seven when the members of Zach Attack graduated. I see some deficiencies on the list: Bush, Dr. Dre, TuPac, Seal, Crash Test Dummies, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rancid, Blues Traveler, Celine Dion, 4 Non Blonds, Blind Melon, Savage Garden, Luscious Jackson, Live, Pearl Jam, The Toadies, Collective Soul, Smashing Pumpkins, Garbage, No Doubt, Sublime,Seven Mary Three, Oasis, The Eels, Space Hog, Seven Mary Three, The Heights, Toadies, White Zombie, Boyz II Men, Kris Kross, Vanilla Ice, Mariah Carey, The Heights, TLC, Snow, and Spin Doctors. Let's not forget the Meatloaf, Aerosmith, Michael Jackson, and Guns & Roses. Perhaps its better that you limited your list, I think he may have too much to deal with already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I threw in some punk and Pavement for good measure, as well as a few other hidden gems

    ReplyDelete

Followers