Monday, October 19, 2009

The Loop : Motion City Soundtrack - I Am the Movie


Motion City Soundtrack - I Am the Movie (2003)

In honor of Motion City Soundtrack releasing a new single today, I decided there was no better "folding and hanging up laundry" soundtrack than Motion City Soundtrack.

I wish I had something better to say than, "Man, what a great f-in record", but that's pretty much exactly what I said the minute I turned it on. I've talked about a lot of really good records and really meaningful records, but this is a GREAT record.

It had everything and more of what was expected in the early 2000's. Insanely catchy choruses, lots of spectacle and the sort of awkward charm that won over a whole herd of awkward girls to this genre/scene. However, it's lasted this long because of how strong it was musically and how it stood out because of it's use of synth layered with powerful vocals.

It featured one of my favorite lines of all time, "Singing songs from the balcony as the city crumbles." which I feel accurately portrays the sort of infinite feeling this album gives you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive