Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Loveblisters' Last Exit



So one of the very first rock shows I put on was at Neckbeard's Soda Bar in Tempe in 2005. We had a solid lineup, but needed a really great "headliner" to round out the night. Someone told me about this band The Loveblisters, and how they'd be a really great fit. I called Rob that night to see if they were interested, and alongside confirming the show, we chatted and talked at length about Mitch Hedberg. I was sold from there. I had them several times on The Basement, and they even helped end a chapter in my life by playing the Sounds from the Basement CD release show almost a year ago (which essentially became my going away show, weird) The CDs have lived in my iPod and Newborn Stars is still one of my all-time favorite tunes.


Four years later and the 'Blisters are closing the book on their amazing ride. I geek out about a lot of bands. I adore the type of sound that comes out of AZ and a lot of the people that make that music, but The Loveblisters far and away embody everything that is good about Arizona, music and Arizona Music :) I'm quite grateful that I got to see them play one last set here in NYC, but am still sad to know that I won't see them carrying in equipment, dressed in full suits into the Modified.
:)

I encourage you all to head to Last Exit tonight and bid them goodbye. While they're moving on to great things individually, it's clear that the AZ scene won't be the same after what they created together.

Last show in whiteville

And for fun, a really cool Flaming Lips cover they did this week :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers